Sunday, April 3, 2011

About me

I’m a late-20-something newlywed who just moved from Manhattan to Long Island. My 1.5-hour morning commute, plus 45-minute nightly commute, means my daily reading time tripled. I’m reading books as fast as the library can order them.

Why do I read so many young adult and children’s books? The short answer: I like them. I think these books could be for adults, but marketers chose a younger audience. Most are written with a sense of urgency and directness that can be lacking in many an adult novel. A kid is not going to stick around for five pages of description when the characters could actually be doing something. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t totally exclude adult-marketed titles, and not all kids books are good. But it’s what I like to read, and it's an area that’s seen greater interest in the past decade (thanks, J.K. Rowling).

Why start a blog? I wanted to learn how to blog and do HTML-y stuff, so this is my way of trying new things.

I hope you love reading as much as I do, and can find a new book to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment